FreshChoice Kepler Challenge 2017 prizes
All competitors in the FreshChoice Kepler Challenge event will receive:
- An event souvenir
- A commemorative medal on finishing
- A certificate of achievement
- There will be a special medal for those competitors who have completed 5 or 10 Kepler Challenge events
That's in addition of course to a great sense of achievement!
1st Man and 1st Woman
$1,750 and assistance to the 2018 event
2nd Man and 2nd Woman
$1000 and assistance to the 2018 event
3rd Man and 3rd Woman
$650 and assistance to the 2018 event
4th Man and 4th Woman
$300 and FreshChoice merchandise valued at $200
5th Man and 5th Woman
$200 and FreshChoice merchandise valued at $200
There are also prizes awarded in the following categories:
Prizes are awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd veteran Man and Woman 40+ and also to the 1st veteran Man and Woman 50+
The organising committee offer a prize of up to $5000 for setting a new race record in the FreshChoice Kepler Challenge over the complete regular course (not the alternative one!). Help us keep this great prize going by supporting the businesses that support the race record. These include accommodation and many other services useful to you the runner.
Most improved runner
$500 will be awarded to the male and female with the most improved times between events.
King/Queen of the Mountain
The Moose Bar King of the Mountain and the Moose Bar Queen of the Mountain prizes of $500 are awarded to the first male and female who reach Luxmore Hut and subsequently complete the race.
A prize is awarded to the 1st local man and 1st local woman to complete the event.
1. Runners who become eligible for more than one event prize will receive the prize of greater value. The prize of lesser value will be awarded to the next eligible runner.
2. A competitor is deemed to be a local if they are currently living and/or working in the Te Anau Area for the season during which they run the race. Students whose normal permanent address is within the Te Anau Area may also qualify. The Area includes Manapouri, Milford Sound, and extends as far south as Blackmount and east to Gorge Hill.
Bring your runner number to the safety briefing and prize-giving for your chance to win a spot prize. In total these add up to around $20,000 so you could bag yourself a great prize!
NB You must have your runner number with you to claim a prize.