Volunteers are the lifeblood of the Kepler Challenge. Whether its manning a checkpoint and encouraging runners to keep going or registering runners and checking their compulsory gear, every task performed by volunteers contributes to creating that special atmosphere that runners have come to expect when they take part in the Kepler Challenge and Luxmore Grunt.
The event is organised by a small group of locals known as the Organising Committee, but they rely on the support of the hundreds of volunteers in the lead up to event weekend, and on race day itself.
Volunteers help by:
- setting up and dismantling the start/finish line
- registering runners and checking compulsory gear
- filling race packs for each runner
- manning checkpoints – be prepared to dress up as you encourage runners to complete the event
- handing out goodies to runners as they cross the finish line
- and lots more…
If you enjoy the company of others and want to be a part of Te Anau’s biggest event, we’re sure that we can find job for you to do! Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll let you know how you can become a part of this amazing event.
As current Race Director Steve Norris says “… it is only with the full support of the local community that the Kepler Challenge continues to be New Zealand’s Premier Mountain Running Event.”